Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sten_still
Partner - Contributor III

Direct Query Using Excel File

Hi, 

I have exported thiese excel files format data extracted from SQL server on the production machine. I want to test the excel file using Direct Query that i obtain without log into production, since it's the client's side. Is there any suggestion on to work on Direct Query on xlsx. format for this method. 

Any recommendation are invited. Thanks 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sten_still
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the suggestion. My driver currently unable to install the default MS driver since im migrating to windows 11.  I already fixed my problem which i created ODBC connection(From ODBC data source) in my driver and make ODBC connection with QlikSense for the xlsx that I had. This works fine for me. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Sten,

When you say "test the excel file using Direct Query that i obtain without log into production", what exactly you mean to say to Direct query? The picture you uploaded has simple queries to load csv files. where exactly xlxs format files you are using?

sten_still
Author

Dear Rohitk, the sample files is the source i extract from production server through SQL. Now without using the SQL server, how can i run the direct query with using those excel format. 

marcus_sommer

Direct query required an ODBC/OLEDB access and properly set access rights to the file. This means the file-type is irrelevant as long as you have a suitable driver for the file-type. For an xlsx you could use the MS driver from the office-package.

- Marcus

sten_still
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the suggestion. My driver currently unable to install the default MS driver since im migrating to windows 11.  I already fixed my problem which i created ODBC connection(From ODBC data source) in my driver and make ODBC connection with QlikSense for the xlsx that I had. This works fine for me.