Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjb427
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exported certificate does not include domain name

Hello, we recently installed a new SSL certificate on our Qlik Sense server and configured the central proxy to reference this certificate (full details in https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/Qlik-Sense-still-using-default-certificate-rathe...). We're now able to access Qlik Sense from the configured domain in a browser, and the correct certificate is displayed, but when we export certificates from the QMC, they appear to only reference the default certificate, and we get the error "curl: (60) SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name <host name>" when trying to make requests to the server.

How do we export certificates that include the configured domain name?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jjb427 

I am not sure I understand your question fully, but here is some information that might be useful.

There are two different certificates in Qlik Sense. One for communication between web client and Qlik Proxy and one for the communication between Qlik Services.

The one for communication for the services cannot be changed. This is the one that gets exported when you export form the QMC. Here you use the FQDN so it should export with domain.

The Web client certificate can be changed by adding the thumbprint. To export this certificate you have to use MMC.

You can find more info here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

jjb427
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Maria_Halley, I'm following these instructions to export certificates in order for another machine to hit the QRS api. These exported certificates only include the private ip address of the ec2 instance where qlik sense is hosted and as such do not work when we try to curl the server using the public domain name. How can we ensure that the public domain name is included on these exported certificates? Do we have to change the host name of qlik sense?

We have added the public domain name to the host allow list in the virtual proxy settings