cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_smith200
Contributor III
Contributor III

Extract user information from log files or other data source

Hi - I want to extract users and their admin, tags and custom properties from qliksense via a data connection - then save and used for those who want to see without the need to use the qMC - anyone have any ideas on where this data is held outside of the QMC?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

If you want it in a Qlik Sense app you can connect to the Qlik Sense QSR REST API to the users endpoint configured like "https://YourQlikSenseServer/qrs/user/full".  If you have the standard Qlik Sense monitoring apps installed you probably already have a satisfactory connection to yield this data for your app called "monitor_apps_REST_user".  You can invoke this in your data load editor and load the data.

If you need this data outside of Qlik Sense I'd recommend using PowerShell and installing the module called Qlik-CLI.   It's very easy to use and we rely on it for a large number of things in our environment.  Once you have your security worked out to use it you can issue two simple commands to get the data your looking for 

Connect-Qlik NameOfYourSenseServer

Get-QlikUser -full

View solution in original post

andrew_smith200
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks - the connector gives me everything I need. I will look into the command line interface though at the moment don't need it.

cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

If you want it in a Qlik Sense app you can connect to the Qlik Sense QSR REST API to the users endpoint configured like "https://YourQlikSenseServer/qrs/user/full".  If you have the standard Qlik Sense monitoring apps installed you probably already have a satisfactory connection to yield this data for your app called "monitor_apps_REST_user".  You can invoke this in your data load editor and load the data.

If you need this data outside of Qlik Sense I'd recommend using PowerShell and installing the module called Qlik-CLI.   It's very easy to use and we rely on it for a large number of things in our environment.  Once you have your security worked out to use it you can issue two simple commands to get the data your looking for 

Connect-Qlik NameOfYourSenseServer

Get-QlikUser -full

andrew_smith200
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks - the connector gives me everything I need. I will look into the command line interface though at the moment don't need it.

cheers