Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmis74
Contributor
Contributor

Generic LDAP UDC - retrieve nested groups

Dear Qlik Sense Experts,

We have an Active Directory with three domains, and for that I have configured an AD UDC and two additional GenericLDAP UDC to synchronize the users data from all three domains.

This works so far well, just now we realized that groups that are member of another group are not retrieved through the LDAP connector.

But for the users that are retrieved through the AD connector I can see this nested group in the group list from a user.

Now I am wondering if this is a know behavior of the GenericLDAP connector, or more related to the complex setup with multiple domains in the AD?

Maybe somebody came across a similar issue already.

Best regards,

Steffen

Labels (1)
2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @schmis74 

By any chance have you seen this already ?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Sync-Active-Directory-users-from-multiple-do...

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
schmis74
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @NadiaB 

Thanks for the suggestion.

We tried the AdvancedLDAP connector as described but ran as well into the issue with 'The size limit was exceeded' which is also mentioned in the comments under the article and for that reason did not continued with this connector. 

Best regards,
Steffen