Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HUB not found, when end users try to access the VIP link created for auto loan balancing. We are using a proxy node to load balance in multi node environment .

Here is my issue: we have a Multi Node environment. Everything was working fine until yesterday. Our environment has Central node and 1 hub node along with one scheduler node and a proxy node. We are using a VIP address to loan-balance end users using a proxy node server to navigate the users to either central or hub node. There was an issue with Proxy server and the server was rebooted. After the reboot, we noticed that there was no communication between central node and proxy node. So we deleted the proxy node and uninstalled and installed back Qlik components. After re-configuring the proxy node, we are having issues to access the VIP address. But when i tried to access the individual Central Hub or Rim Node hub we are able to access it. But when we try it using the VIP website link, it gives an error message Not Found.

I tried using the IP address instead of Server host names in load balancing, still no luck. Any help is much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for replying back. I think I did not explain very clearly in the question. We have 1 central Node and 3 rim nodes. Out of 3 rim nodes, 1st Rim node is load balancing node of Central node(Engine, repository ) 2nd  is a proxy node (Proxy, repository and Engine), 3rd  Rim node is Scheduler( Repository, Scheduler and Engine Service). The proxy rim node is configured in such a way that, end users should be routed to either of the central node or RIM01 node to open the HUB and access the dashboards.We have a unique data link (similar to VIP address to access Access point in QlikView). The virtual proxy should send users to either central or RIM01.  The issue was when users use the data link they get the HUB NOT FOUND error. But if they use individual Central Node server name or RIM01 Serer name, they were able to access the HUB.

PS: This issue was resolved. After re configuring to QMC,we faced  the above  issue. What really happened was The sync took 8 hours, to finally get this updated in Central repository.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Chaitanya,

HUB is the web interface to administer, govern and mantain Qlik Sense. So the sentece "central node do not connect with the hub has no sense" I assume you talking about RIM node instead HUB. If your RIM node has Proxy and Scheduler basically has the same central node components (because scheduler requires Engine to run and both Scheduler and Engine require the Repository).

Did you go through the Node configuration after the re-installed the RIM node?

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/configure-node.htm

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for replying back. I think I did not explain very clearly in the question. We have 1 central Node and 3 rim nodes. Out of 3 rim nodes, 1st Rim node is load balancing node of Central node(Engine, repository ) 2nd  is a proxy node (Proxy, repository and Engine), 3rd  Rim node is Scheduler( Repository, Scheduler and Engine Service). The proxy rim node is configured in such a way that, end users should be routed to either of the central node or RIM01 node to open the HUB and access the dashboards.We have a unique data link (similar to VIP address to access Access point in QlikView). The virtual proxy should send users to either central or RIM01.  The issue was when users use the data link they get the HUB NOT FOUND error. But if they use individual Central Node server name or RIM01 Serer name, they were able to access the HUB.

PS: This issue was resolved. After re configuring to QMC,we faced  the above  issue. What really happened was The sync took 8 hours, to finally get this updated in Central repository.