Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user467341
Creator II
Creator II

Hanging at "entering main startup phase.."

Hi all,

I am doing a domain name change and have followed the guide - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-Change-hostname-and-certificates-...

However, I am stuck at "entering main startup phase". I tried to do the command when my dispatcher service is off, and when it is on, and when it is on and restarted during the "entering main startup phase" and all three still shows the same result without showing "bootstrap has been terminated".

Is there other solution to this? Or I can assume that the certificates has been safely recreated?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @user467341 ,

I would not assume the certificates were created based on that, you will need to verify.

Check the creation date on the certs listed here: (step 9)

1. certificate authority
  2. server certificate
  3. client certificate
  4. QlikServiceCluster

Please confirm this and let us know the results.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @user467341 ,

I would not assume the certificates were created based on that, you will need to verify.

Check the creation date on the certs listed here: (step 9)

1. certificate authority
  2. server certificate
  3. client certificate
  4. QlikServiceCluster

Please confirm this and let us know the results.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
user467341
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jay,

The certificates re-generated with the date I run the command - does that mean the command is completed?

By the way,

1. do I also need to delete "QlikServiceCluster" during the re-naming of the hostname?

2. Is it compulsory for me to use a FQDN as the hostname? What if my hostname does not have a domain name at the end, will there be an issue with Qlik Sense?

Jay_Brown
Support
Support

1. If you are recreating the certs, yes, delete QlikServiceCluster.
  2. It should match the host.cfg file.  It can be just hostname, but will only be accessible inside your domain and will not be accessible via the internet.  It could also cause issues with some interoperability so if possible use an FQDN which includes the domain.

Reference: