Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorynHartbarger
Contributor
Contributor

Hard IO Error (Task reload failure)

Hello, 

For many of my reload tasks, I am getting this error message:

The following error occurred:
hardIO \\file path.qvd
The error occurred here:
STORE [file] INTO 'lib://filepath.qvd'
I have seen this occur when the app creates a qvd and then tries to access the qvd it just created. 
The only thing I can find from other qlik community posts is that the files could be locked due to antivirus protection. I have verified with our IT department that the files are not being locked. 
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @LorynHartbarger,

To me the issue seems to be that QVD has a Windows lock placed on it while it is being saved to disk. Have a look at the following Qlik Knowledgebase articles to see if they help with your issue:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @LorynHartbarger,

To me the issue seems to be that QVD has a Windows lock placed on it while it is being saved to disk. Have a look at the following Qlik Knowledgebase articles to see if they help with your issue:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Albert_Candelario

Hello @LorynHartbarger ,
I would start by he KB @Chip_Matejowsky  has shared and keep us posted on your progress. The process monitor would be indeed interesting and you might want to check with your IT that IOPS and other settings of your network are the expected ones.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer