Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArifShah
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to test a schedular node before running full reloads on it

Hi,

We are trying to add a schedular node to the multinode environment of Qliksense. We have installed all the drivers and connectors on the schedular node.

I would like to test a reload from QMC on this new schedular node to test that every thing is fine with it. Normally, I would have used a load balancing rule to try an app on it but our central node is also a schedular node (master and slave) and we have a lot of  reloads running all the time so we cannot make it master (to disable the reloads on it.). 

That means that load balancing will not make sure that we can route a specific app to the new schedular node for reload testing. We can maybe do it over the weekend but I need to test it now during weekdays

Is there any other way to test a reload on the new schedular node to verify that all connectors and drivers are working fine to relaod data from SAP, salesforce or SQL server etc?

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

As a task? Not really, for the reasons you outlined. You can likewise change the allowed concurrency (QMC > Schedulers > Edit > Max Concurrent Reloads) to a low value for the Central, i.e. 1, to help force things.

Alternatively, you can:

• Install the node
  • Only activate the Engine service (the Scheduler can come later), potentially the Proxy Service
  • Create a virtual proxy which load balances off of just the new Engine
  • Execute reloads in the Hub

For the last step, the user would need the rights to see those apps, and see all data connections.

Personally? If you're just testing connectivity, you don't even need the reloads as such. Just do steps 1-3 above, create a blank app, go to the Data Load Editor, and manually test connectivity to each of the sources that you care about or all of them if you're being thorough (this is encouraged).

Hope that helps.

ArifShah
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi LeviTurner,

Many thanks. That was really helpful in testing the connection. Using your method, I tested the connection and it seems to be working fine

I then proceeded to the next step and added the schedular to the cluster. I simply activated the schedular service in rim node in QMC->nodes section. The rim node is already running the schedular service

Now, any reload task that goes to the newly added node is failing

I checked the engine logs for the newly added schedular node and found that it was not able to find the app. It seems like it is not picking up the shared path but somehow maybe pointing to a local path(just an assumption)

Is there a step that i am missing where you need to define the folder path for rim node too? I thought they pick it up automatically?