Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hub Opening as Admin each time

Hi All,

After an upgrade to our server when anyone tries to access the Qlik hub from their desktop it automatically tried to log in as admin meaning they cannot access their work.  A workaround is to use a form to force log in but this is just a short term fix.  Has anyone come across this issues or have thoughts on debugging?

I did not do the upgrade so just trying  to understand potential underlying issue.

bc5891_0-1694429675828.png

One thing I did notice was that it was not secure in this way but not sure if that means anything:

bc5891_1-1694429749499.png

Thanks

Labels (2)
11 Replies
PrashantSangle

it is might be because of SSO. Can you open your hub & QMC url in incognito mode

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Prashant, 

Yes I can - so it does seem like an SSO issue.  Is this usually an easy fix?

PrashantSangle

I don't think so it was issue. It is designed to work in that way. Check how your team is earlier handling this? After Analysis they directly Sign out from server or doing disconnect from Server? are they log out from QMC / hub after analysis done?

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Prior to the upgrade a user was prompted to log in with their credentials....but now, it automatically goes to user "AD" (or admin - as shown in screenshot - which is incorrect) and the user does not get the option to sign in using their username.  Ideally, the user would not even have to use their credentials...but it was originally set up this way.

bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Prashant, just wondering if you had any thoughts after my latest reply. thanks

PrashantSangle

Well.. I feel this issue is not from Qlik Side.

Also, I did not understand one thing is that when you say 

"After an upgrade to our server"

Are you talking about windows upgrade or Qlik server version upgrade?

bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, it was a Qlik server upgrade installation.
PrashantSangle

which version & patch?

bc5891
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, We are using the latest download - August 2023, patch 1.

As you say I do not think it is actually a bug from Qlik, but I was wondering how i could go about troubleshooting this or if there is something common I should be aware of.

To reiterate, before the upgrade users were prompted for username and password..but now it bypasses that as you get to an admin hub which does not have the apps the user wants.