Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin22
Partner - Contributor III

Import App Error

Hello,

I've encountered a specific error when trying to import an app in the QMC. This error does not happen while doing the import from the Qlik Server (at least in the tests I ran), but happens for some (not all) apps while doing the import directly from my desktop (while being logged to the QMC with the admin account).

I've already checked various posts on the subject but haven't found one about my error yet, so I'm creating this one.

When trying to import the app, I get the the apparently well-known "Failed to import app. Please check log file." message in the QMC.

In the log file, I get three lines in error, here are the error messages :

The device does not recognize the command
An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
Error when committing Cannot find the item for the "Get" operation

Can somebody help on this case ?

Thanks.

Martin.

2 Replies
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Martin,

Check this post https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Publisher/Script-Error/td-p/458185

The issue could be due to lack of RAM.

It could be an idea to save the qvf files without data, import, then reload.

Thanks,

SImon

Martin22
Author

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your answer.

I resolved the problem (in part) : the problem was because of the size of the app. Although I was exporting the QVF without data, in some cases the size was still too big to import it.

No, here's  the thing : for a particular app, I obtained two different sizes :

-While exporting from the QMC : 2,5 Mo

-While manually modifying the script to empty the app (exit script at the start) : 500 Mo

I couldn't import the 2,5 Mo app, but the 500 Mo was Ok.

Does anyone konw how there can be such a difference with the way the QMC export an app without data ?