Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BensonK
Contributor II
Contributor II

Linux Support for Qlik Sense deployments

Is there a roadmap to support Linux distributions for Qlik Sense deployments?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @BensonK 

As far as I am aware linux OS support is not planned on the roadmap, I would encourage you to submit a feature request so it is visible to our product management team. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-To-Submit-Feature-Requests-For-Qlik-Products/ta-p/171258...

Best regards

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Qlik Sense Enterprise needs to be installed on Windows, however you can access the Qlik Sense Hub from just about any modern browser.  Developing, publishing, & opening applications is done from your Internet Browser (Qlik Sense Hub), so basically from anywhere as long as it is supported as per the System Requirements. See Planning your Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment for more details.  So if you can install Qlik Sense Enterprise server on a Windows server, you can connect to it from Linux.  

If you are looking for the ability to run Qlik Sense Enterprise server from a Linux host, then follow Alexis's advice and open a Feature Request.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @BensonK 

As far as I am aware linux OS support is not planned on the roadmap, I would encourage you to submit a feature request so it is visible to our product management team. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-To-Submit-Feature-Requests-For-Qlik-Products/ta-p/171258...

Best regards

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Qlik Sense Enterprise needs to be installed on Windows, however you can access the Qlik Sense Hub from just about any modern browser.  Developing, publishing, & opening applications is done from your Internet Browser (Qlik Sense Hub), so basically from anywhere as long as it is supported as per the System Requirements. See Planning your Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment for more details.  So if you can install Qlik Sense Enterprise server on a Windows server, you can connect to it from Linux.  

If you are looking for the ability to run Qlik Sense Enterprise server from a Linux host, then follow Alexis's advice and open a Feature Request.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think you should take a serious look at QSE SaaS and Qlik Forts.  The Qlik Fort is a virtual application - you stand up infrastructure and drop in the application (which is running linux, and a micro-services QSE).

Some big advantages here, with Qlik updating the software.  To me it is the best of both worlds and bypasses the whole operating system debate.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions
BensonK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You, this is noted.

BensonK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @AdamBS  I will check this out. Does it require separate/additional licensing?

Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @BensonK ,

to use forts you only need to have a Tenant in qlik sense entreprise SaaS. There is no other additional licensing than this. You could contact your account manager to discuss it. 

Best regards,