Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Qix/datafiles parameters

Hi,

I'm asked how to delete 7,000 files automatically at this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/How-delete-7-000-files-inside-SaaS-DataFiles-Fol.... The solution works great, but it just operate with Personal Space.

How can I operate with other spaces? Where I can find qix/datafiles parameters ?

Tks

Pedro 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

13 Replies
gordon_ash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Levi_Turner ,

Thats got it, should have spotted that myself. The final  statement I had to add a .href  to the .next part to get it to refill the tmp data set, 

while (($space_data_files_tmp.links.next.href).Length -gt 1)

Now with a few  extra mods to fit my use case this code pages the massive dataset as hoped.

Thanks very much for your speedy replies and getting this fixed for me.

Jyoti007
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Levi,

Is it possible to get all duplicate app names within a space in qlik cli. What is the command to extract and then display.

As a first step, I can get list of apps name within a space in qlik cli via >>>  qlik app ls --spaceID <spaceID>
But in second step, I am not getting how to extract only the second column i.e. "NAME" (enclosed with blue color rectangle)
and the third step to check no. of duplicate app name and display.

Can you please help me in this with CLI script

Thanks and regards
Jyothi

gordon_ash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jyothi,

If it is of any help to you this is how I handle file names in a list in powershell; convert to json and do a Where-object , like this:

$fileNames = 'rubbish*'

$space_data_files_tmp = qlik app ls   --spaceId $spaceid  --json --limit 100000  | ConvertFrom-Json

$space_data_files = $space_data_files_tmp | Where-Object {$_.NAME  -like $fileNames}

foreach ($file in $space_data_files) {
            if ($confirm -eq 'yes') {
                Write-Log "Downloading file [$($file.NAME)] id [$($file.ID)]...";

....do things with the file....

Hope it helps,
Gordon
Jyoti007
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks @gordon_ash. It really helped me.

Regards
Jyothi