Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense Enterprise - Shared Server?

Hi Guys

Hopefully a quick question!

I have a client who wishes to use Qlik Sense, but, they currently do not have a dedicated server to install Qlik Sense Enterprise on. The usual advice is to always have a dedicated server, however, this is an issue for the client.

Is it possible for Qlik Sense to be installed alongside other applications, for example, a SharePoint installation? Does it need its own dedicated server?

I've tried the QS install, and at first attempt, the installation fails as the required ports (80 / 443) are in use by another application, which I am presuming will be SharePoint.

Any ideas / advice?

PS - my gut feeling is, dedicated server, however, if we can make this work, then great!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Its true, you cant change anything before install.

But in any case your installation should be done. Once its done, you can change config files and change ports.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes practically you can have Qlik Sense on shared server, provided that it gets the required ports (See the link below for ports details).

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployme...

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Kaushik

Thanks, can these ports be changed? Specifically 80 and 443 as these are in used by another application (SharePoint).

I've looked online and it appears at installation they can't but, perhaps could this be done afterwards, if I can get the other application to release the ports required?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Its true, you cant change anything before install.

But in any case your installation should be done. Once its done, you can change config files and change ports.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki