Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yannick_caillat
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense June 2018 weird Lines fetched with Oracle connection

After upgrading to Qlik Sense version June 2018, the number of lines fetched by apps decreased compare to what we expect or fro some retrieved rows we have empty value for non-numeric value.

Case 1
select * from RTC_IMA.RTC_OLV_QS_OS_DVT where "Product Name" not in  ('Credit Line');
Lines fetched: 45.240  --> KO we should get 401785

Case2
select * from RTC_IMA.RTC_OLV_QS_OS_DVT where "Product Name" in  ('Credit Line');
Lines fetched: 3.712 --> OK with the number of rows in the source

Case 3
select * from RTC_IMA.RTC_OLV_QS_OS_DVT;
Lines fetched: 44.922  --> KO we should get 405497

In the past, we already configured Advanced properties for this ODBC connection :

EncryptionLevel = 1

DataIntegrityLevel =1

QueryTimeout = -1

Does anyone have trouble with the ODBC connector for Oracle ?

Do I have to setup another Advanced properties ?

8 Replies
ZDonn
Contributor II
Contributor II

I just found myself in the same issue. By adding the LIB command before each query seems to solve the problem for now. But then I found values are missing from some fields, still debugging on that. Hopefully this info can help.

yannick_caillat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I confirm that adding the LIB command before each quey solve the problem with number of lines fetched. But as you said I still get missing values for some fields

yannick_caillat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I followed Qlik support instructions : as my orginal connection used th built in Oracel ODBC I have switched to the official Oracle driver. For now, the issues are fixed

enricocamerin
Creator
Creator

for me is not working this workaround I still have much less row even adding lib before each SQL.

Enrico

ZDonn
Contributor II
Contributor II

I just switched to the OLE DB Provider yesterday as well. Still running data validations but everything looks OK so far.

Filippo_Nicolussi_P

Someone has tried to set in Advanced section

MEMLIM   to   2000000

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

from tips:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Troubleshooting.htm

it seems to be MEMLIN the parameter to use.
Try it anyway with both but it does not work.