Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipHr
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense PostgreSQL Upgrade Issue

Dear all,

I would like to ask if there is still present the issue with  the upgrade executable for PostgreSQL on another than default C folder drive.

As after trying to open executable it already recognized the version of the PostgreSQL installed even at our company we have Qlik Sense at folder D.

Reference topic:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Repository-Database-from-PostgreSQL-9-6...

Thank You.

Filip

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi FilipHr,

Installations other than in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense are not supported at the moment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi FilipHricina, yes the installer is only made for C: drive.

Installations other than in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense are not supported at the moment.

Regards Alan

FilipHr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Alan,

our path is currently:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense

which is also on drive C. Does the installer work only in one specific path or could be path above fine?

As mentioned, after opening executable, installer recognized old 9.6 version (see image below).

postgresql2.PNG

In case that the answer would be negative, do you have any recommendation on how we should approach as for alternative PostgreSQL upgrade ?

Thank you,

Filip.

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi FilipHr,

ab_asfani
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi everyboby,

we've got the same issue as Qlik sense is installed on D disk instead of C. D:\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6

I imagined creating a symbolic link C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense that would point to D:\Qlik\Sense because when I run the Qlik_PostgreSQL_setup.exe (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support- Articles/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Repository-Database-from-PostgreSQL-9-6-to/ta-p/1934238) I got an error message about the directory that does not exist.

I do not measure the impacts of such an operation and fear that the consequences are irreversible.

Do you think this workaround might work ?