Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanegan93
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense Repository Service will not start up - connection to database "QSR" failed: FATAL: the database system is starting up

Hello,

I ran into an issue where the Qlik repo service would not start up. I eventually noticed that the C drive was full so I managed to free up around 5GB of space.

I thought that would have fixed the issue but it did not. I restarted the server but the Qlik Repo service would not start up "The Qlik Sense Repository Database service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs" 

The Repo logs just say Postgres connection reset is inactive.

The Windows Event logs says "connection to database "QSR" failed: FATAL: the database system is starting up"

Has anyone ran into this issue before or know why the postgres service will not start?

It was fine yesterday - seems that the full storage has done something - or maybe it is a coincidence 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deanegan93
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @Sooraj_Suresh 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Oddly enough, the repository database service eventually started again and QSR db on Postgres started to respond (standard Postgres installation on the central node).

I am sure sure why/how it suddenly started working again - probably some delayed response from the first issue where my C drive was full.

I suppose the lesson here is to always make sure the drive where the repository.exe service lives always has space and do not let it get full up! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sooraj_Suresh
Former Employee
Former Employee

- What version of QlikSense are you running?

- Have you enabled centralized logging in your environment which could be a reason for excess disk usage.

- Is Database on a standalone server or within the QlikSense server?

- Is the database service running and have you tried to connect to database using pgadmin, does it connect?

deanegan93
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @Sooraj_Suresh 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Oddly enough, the repository database service eventually started again and QSR db on Postgres started to respond (standard Postgres installation on the central node).

I am sure sure why/how it suddenly started working again - probably some delayed response from the first issue where my C drive was full.

I suppose the lesson here is to always make sure the drive where the repository.exe service lives always has space and do not let it get full up!