Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kallay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Task running on node1 and is blocked in "triggered" after node2 is losing connection.

I have configured an environment with:
- Central/Failover
- 5 nodes (consumer/scheduler/development):
- 1 dev node
- 4 nodes consumer/scheduler
All the tasks run on the 4 nodes (consumer/scheduler).

In some cases the dev node gets overcrowded and it needs some time to recover. At the same time, some task that suppose to start gets stuck on "Triggered", in the QMC the DEV node appears as offline and it can't be used anymore for oppening apps via load balancing.
After a restart to the services on dev node the apps can be opened on this node, but in QMC/Nodes menu, the DEV node is still offline and with all services running except repository.
To resolve this issue i have to restart the services on "central node" (i think i only have to restart service dispatcher on central node, but can't confirm it right now).

My problems are the tasks that get stuck on "Triggered" because of some node that has nothing to do with those tasks.

Is this an expected behavior ?

Labels (1)
10 Replies
kallay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Tnx @BTIZAG_OA. Looking forward to you in having better luck.

As a side note, after I gave up the case with Qlik Support, I wanted to start editing the settings xmls myself, but I didn't have time to start this test. What I had noticed at that time was that a line of communication with postgre remains blocked by the blocked server and this leads to the impossibility of changing the status of a task status in qmc. This led me to search in xmls if I can find a timeout to edit so that I can make it give up faster on trying the respective connection.