Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense server May 2024 setup failure on "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" psql ndauth: no password supplied

Hi,

We have a blocking setup error of Qlik Sense server May 2024 on our single node recovery server (luckily we test on it before upgrading development then production servers).

As we had multiple setup failures (with and without QPI tool), even trying to go back to our August 2022 version after full de-installation, the support adviced us to restore the machine, which is very costly so I am here for some help !

Here is is the error log part and attached the full setup logs :

CAQuietExec: DataPrepService configuration started.
CAQuietExec: WARNING: Skiping the database initialization. No superuser or password specified.
CAQuietExec: Creating schema 'dataprep_service'.
CAQuietExec: Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema_name = 'dataprep_service'":
CAQuietExec: psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 4432 failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
CAQuietExec: At C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\install\install-utils\Postgres.ps1:109 char:9
CAQuietExec: + throw "Error executing database command "" ...
CAQuietExec: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) , Exception
CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema
CAQuietExec: _name = 'dataprep_service'": psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 4432 failed: fe_se
CAQuietExec: ndauth: no password supplied
CAQuietExec:
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: QuietExec Failed
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Failed in ExecCommon method
CustomAction CA_SetupDPS returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Apierensv, I would suggest updating the password for the dataprep service. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-change-the-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-W...

apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for this proposition, however our error appears during the installation on an "empty" server, so we can't modify postrgre sql password if there is no postgresql on the server before the setup.

Or we should find a way to "pause" the setup just before this error to change the password ?

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Apierensv,

Do you have a stand-alone database?

Did you have Qlik Sense installed on this server prior?

The logs state the database was found.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: PostgreSQL database dir: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\12.5.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: Qlik Sense installation mode: Install.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: Prerequisite check: Validating if an existing PostgreSQL database exists by folder path.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: A existing PostgreSQL database was found in path: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\12.5.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: Prerequisite check: Validating if a deprecated PostgreSQL database exists.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: Prerequisite check: Validating if a deprecated PostgreSQL database exists.
[2238:0D74][2024-06-06T13:59:18]i000: A existing PostgreSQL database was found in path: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\12.5.

apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, we had in fact an empty stand alone database postgre 14 and Qlik Sense August 2022 was priorly installed.

Now I am trying to setup the old version of August 2022 (on empty server : no standalone postgresql, no QS server) to try again the full migration process with August 2022 referential imported from production on this recovery server (to be sure we won't be blocked in DEV), but I have the same error compared to the May 2024 version installation attempt :

CAQuietExec: DataPrepService configuration started.
CAQuietExec: WARNING: Skiping the database initialization. No superuser or password specified.
CAQuietExec: Creating schema 'dataprep_service'.
CAQuietExec: Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema_name = 'dataprep_service'":
CAQuietExec: psql: error: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
CAQuietExec: At C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\install\install-utils\Postgres.ps1:109 char:9
CAQuietExec: + throw "Error executing database command "" ...
CAQuietExec: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) , Exception
CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing database command "SELECT 1 FROM information_schema.schemata WHERE schema
CAQuietExec: _name = 'dataprep_service'": psql: error: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
CAQuietExec:
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: QuietExec Failed
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Failed in ExecCommon method
CustomAction CA_SetupDPS returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

As the August 2022 error is the same I think it's not a password related issue.

Could you also tell me, once we succeed to setup again August 2022 version, what are the intermediary version we have to setup to go to May 2024 version ?

Again thanks a lot for your help.

apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes I saw this link, however it is not clear because the intermediate versions I have to setup to go to May 2024 from August 2022 are not clearly given.

And regarding the error  "'dataprep_service'": psql: error: fe_sendauth: no password supplied" I have on August 2022 version without a separate postgresql DB, do you have any information ?

Thanks for your help.

apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

For information we succeeded to setup again the August 2022 version on our recovery server, by cleaning the windows registry database on Postgresql entries (using RegScanner from Nirsoft editor), which is not supported by Microsoft & Qlik so I would recommend server reinitialization if possible.

To migrate from August 2022 to May 2024, using the QPI tool, to me the documentation does not recommend an intermediary version (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...), am I wrong ?