Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruno_m_santos
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik sense Saas ODBC is safe?

Hi all,

I don't have much experience in security in Saas.

The standard connection  (ODBC) is safe to connect to an Oracle Database? I can't find documentation about that.

I know that exists an alternative method like Data Transfer, but I prefer to use just Saas.

Which is the best method to get 200 million lines?

Best/

BS

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
Alonzo_Eubank
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello BS,

ODBC is the best and safest way to connect to Oracle.  Here is an article you may find helpful:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/connect-data-so...

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day Bruno,

I can't really comment on the security of ODBC vs Qlik Data Transfer, but I think that 200 million rows is a very large data set to transfer across the wire into SaaS, so you need to think carefully about how to do it.

I may be wrong but I think that Qlik Data Transfer would be quicker than ODBC. As far as I know, QVD files are the most compact way to store the data, so I would expect it to be faster across the wire.

Also, consider doing an incremental load. You don't want to be transferring all of that data every time you reload your app.

I hope these were useful comments.

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
DavidFosterVF
Creator
Creator

@bruno_m_santos 

Did you use ODBC in the end? How did you find the query/transfer speeds. Was the database on-prem or on-cloud. If it was on-cloud how expensive were the egress fees.