Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justy1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik sense services not starting after upgrade to Feb 2023 tech review

Hi 

We updated our Qlik Sense enterprise server to the Feb Tech Preview and our QSense services are not starting up.

After running the update we got the following message:

Justy1_1-1676472499517.png

And when trying to start the repository service we get the below error:

Justy1_0-1676472453458.png

We attempted to change the registry setting in the server and also change the location of the postgres DB and this did not fix our issue

Your assistance would be highly appreciated 

Kind regards,

Justin 

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Farid_C
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for this comment.
I just had the exact same issue.
Upgrading from May 2023 to May 2024.
Previously, by upgrading to May 2023 from a previous version where PGSQL was bundled in Qlik Sense (Qlik Sense Repository Database service), we had to use the Qlik Postgresql Installer and "unbundle" PGSQL into its own standalone service.
Now upgrading to May 2024 somehow registered again the Qlik Sense Repository service as depending on an unexisting Qlik Sense Repository Database service. As a result, Qlik Sense Repository service was unable to start.
Applying the resolution from Nicola fixed the issue.
To my understanding, this is a bug that should be fixed.

I still don't understand either why this service is again bundled In the Qlik Sense services group while it was unbundled ? I thought that the idea was to make it a standalone Postgresql server service so that its maintenance would be clearer/easier.