Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RanOuerg
Creator
Creator

Qlik sense upgrade from version August 2022 to the version february 2024

Hello All,

I'm programming the qlik sense windows upgrade to February 2024.

I found so many documents that explains the steps needed but i need to know if there is any specific issue or tips related these two version ?

Do i have to upgrade the Postgre SQL ?

What are the best steps and tips to do it, in order to back up my existing version?

I lost my certifications passwords, how can i back up them , do i have to recreate them before the upgrade ?

Do i need a test enivrement ?

Noted that i have a multi-node architecture, a central node for production and an other for développement.

I'm loking for your help and your advice.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
RanOuerg
Creator
Creator
Author

@Andre_Sostizzo 

@Yoichi_Hirotake 

@Sonja_Bauernfeind 

i hope you can help me.

RanOuerg
Creator
Creator
Author

?

Sebastian_Linser

> I'm programming the qlik sense windows upgrade to February 2024.

Do you mean you try to do a silent upgrade?

>I found so many documents that explains the steps needed but i need to know if there is any specific issue or tips related these two version ?

>Do i have to upgrade the Postgre SQL ?

In August 2022 you have either a 9.6 or a 12.5 Database, depending what your inital installed version of Qlik Sense was. So yes going to February 2024 you would need to upgrade the Database.

>What are the best steps and tips to do it, in order to back up my existing version?

QPI 1.4 using the silent feature if you wanted to do that. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

Alternatively using the GUI.

I lost my certifications passwords, how can i back up them , do i have to recreate them before the upgrade ?

Qlik Sense certificates do not have a password, you can export them as is via the mmc console. You set a password during export https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

>Do i need a test environment ?

Yes that is always recommended

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
RanOuerg
Creator
Creator
Author

@Sebastian_Linser  I guess qlik sense certificate need a the password that was set so i can be able to extract it for back up 

I can recreate an other certificate via mmc but the problem i don't know how can i delete the old certifications and import the new ones without impacting my environment 

What is the best way to do it ?