Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidPrice9
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense May 2021 Installation Fails - PREREQUISITE CHECK: Qlik Sense cannot be installed as Local System

Hi,

I'm installing QlikSense May 2021 on to an AWS EC2 via cfn-init and PowerShell and receive the following error.

PREREQUISITE CHECK: Qlik Sense cannot be installed as Local System.
About to quit this session (with exit code -1000).

So the installation fails, however if I then logon to the machine and execute the same PowerShell script it succeeds. Can anyone shed some light on this issue, or has anyone had success installing it this way?

I am using a domain\user account which has been given local administrator rights, and like I say the same installation command works when I login and execute, its just not working via cfn-init, any help is appreciated.

Here is the command for installation.

Start-Process -FilePath $installer -ArgumentList "-silent -log $logDirectory accepteula=1 userwithdomain=$domainName\$domainUsername userpassword=$domainPassword dbpassword=$dbPassword senddata=0 skipvalidation=1 sharedpersistenceconfig=$configFile" -Verb RunAs -Wait;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPrice9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I fixed this by running the install as an "Invoke-Command" and passing the credentials of the domain user which is being used on the install also.

Create the credential object

[pscredential]$credObject = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("$domainName\$domainUsername", (ConvertTo-SecureString $DomainPassword -AsPlainText -Force))

Run the same install command as before but inside that script block as the credential object

Invoke-command -computername localhost -scriptblock {Start-Process -FilePath $using:installer -ArgumentList "-silent -log $using:logDirectory accepteula=1 userwithdomain=$using:domainName\$using:domainUsername userpassword=$using:DomainPassword dbpassword=$using:DBPassword senddata=0 skipvalidation=1 sharedpersistenceconfig=$using:configFile" -Verb RunAs -Wait;} -credential $credObject

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DavidPrice9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I fixed this by running the install as an "Invoke-Command" and passing the credentials of the domain user which is being used on the install also.

Create the credential object

[pscredential]$credObject = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("$domainName\$domainUsername", (ConvertTo-SecureString $DomainPassword -AsPlainText -Force))

Run the same install command as before but inside that script block as the credential object

Invoke-command -computername localhost -scriptblock {Start-Process -FilePath $using:installer -ArgumentList "-silent -log $using:logDirectory accepteula=1 userwithdomain=$using:domainName\$using:domainUsername userpassword=$using:DomainPassword dbpassword=$using:DBPassword senddata=0 skipvalidation=1 sharedpersistenceconfig=$using:configFile" -Verb RunAs -Wait;} -credential $credObject