Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

QlikSense Multi-Node Deployment fileshare question

Hi Experts

I am designing QlikSense Multi-Node setup.

I am planning to setup multi-node in 6 servers:

Server 1: Developer Node 1--> RAM = 64 GB

Server 2: Developer node 2 (Testing)--> RAM = 32 GB

Server 3: Central Node 1--> RAM = 128 GB

Server 4: Central Node 2 (Fail-Over for central node 1)--> RAM = 128 GB

Server 5: RIM/Consumer Node 1--> RAM = 32 GB

Server 6: RIM/Consumer Node 2--> RAM = 32 GB

Can I create one fileshare folder or repository for all the above servers? Would this help in deploying the qvf files across in multiple environments?

Any advise on the services and their setup would be highly appreciated.

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

@shyamcharan 

I believe, fileshare can be only one (shared persistence) in a deployment and all the nodes must have it's own repository service enabled.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@tresesco 

Thanks heaps for your reply. That makes sense to me.

However, could you please advise with one fileshare, would the deployment of qvf dashboard be easier migrating it from DEV to PROD?

Also please look at the picture i attached. it does mentioned that the fileshare and repository database aser installed separately and the diagram shows as they all server nodes are connected to the same repo or fileshare.

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

@shyamcharan , that is correct, one repository and file share per Qlik Sense site. The central backup does not have a separate db nor file share. You can mark a RIM node as failover candidate for central, but that does not mean it requires different db/file share.

"Each Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows site require its own file share with its own set of binaries, archives, extensions, etc. If two mirrored environments are configured to use the same files in only one share, besides potentially experiencing file locking issues, the Qlik Sense database will not have the correct references (metadata) pertaining to the information stored in the share. So you will have two Qlik Sense environments updating files on the shares and which are not aware of updates performed by the other environment(s). Performing such action is highly unsupported and will cause malfunction."

REF: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Qlik-Sense-Share-Storage-options-and-requiremen...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂