Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

QlikSense QRS Custom property

Hi Qlikies,

Is there a way to read the Custom property data from the QRS, logs. I tried to look into the Operations monitor, but there is no trace of any dimension holding the Custom property data. 

I would like to load the data of custom property and its associated users from the QRS or the operations monitor.

Thanks

Mark

11 Replies
Databayo
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd provide the solution that worked for me. I had the same issue where the QRS API for monitor_apps_REST_user was just giving me blank values for the custom properties data. The solution or workaround rather, as others in this thread alluded to is using Qlik's Repository database instead. However, what no one mentioned here was how to actually set that up (as simple and obvious as it may be). Create a PostgreSQL data connection as you would any other connection in Qlik Sense, and use the following details:

Server: <Qlik Sense Hostname>
Database: QSR
Port: 443
Username: postgres
Password: <super user password>

For some reason I had to try saving it a couple of times but once it saved it worked fine.

You can then use the connection to query the data as @stelei has shown. 

Note: If you want the Custom Properties definition and not just the value, then you'll need to also grab the CustomPropertyDefinition table and link it to the CustomPropertyValues table with the Definition_ID field.

KeyReaL
Contributor III
Contributor III

Colleagues, good day.

We need help in writing a script (SQL request), because It is not strong in this ...

It is necessary to repeat the columns from the administrator console in the hub with the display of each Customer Property name into a separate column (as in the console, the screenshot invested).

The invested script unloads data, but all Values from different Customer Properties are folded in one field, but you need to different columns. Perhaps someone made a similar script, please share.

Thank you in advance.