Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markdur101
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QlikSense compatibility with postgres 12.5

We have QlikSense November 2020 patch 2, 13.102.8, enterprise installed with postgres on a separate server.

I would like to know if I can upgrade our standalone copy of postgres from 9.6 to 12.5.

In other words is postgres stand alone 12.5 compatible with QlikSense November 2020 patch 2, 13.102.8.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi 

For November 2020 supported PG versions are 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer). However starting Feb 2021 it is compatible with PostgreSQL 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer), 12.x (not included in the installer)

Regards

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

Vikram_Jayakumar

For Nov 2020 Install you can go only up to 11.XX versions and not 12.5 

See Nov 2020 System Requirements

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi 

For November 2020 supported PG versions are 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer). However starting Feb 2021 it is compatible with PostgreSQL 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer), 12.x (not included in the installer)

Regards

markdur101
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for you response.

I understand that postgres 12.5 is need included in the installation.

We already have 9.6 postgres which was included with our November 2020 install.

Since our version of postgres is on a stand alone server can I upgrade it to postgres 12.5 and still maintain compatibility with our November 2020 version of QlikSense.

Vikram_Jayakumar

For Nov 2020 Install you can go only up to 11.XX versions and not 12.5 

See Nov 2020 System Requirements