Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trigotrt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense generating old certificate after server migration

hi folks,

few weeks ago, we had migrate our qliksense server to another machine and now hub and qmc gets unaviable every time I need to restart the machine or the services . I noticed that the problem is in the certificate. After every restart qliksense server is creating the certificate for the old and for the new machine. I saw it in the mmc´s (microsoft management console) snap-ins.

Does anyone know where I can remove this reference to the old machine?

3 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello! 

I know three places that contains the machine name referenced in the certificate:

• C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\host.cfg (Encrypted base64)
  • QSR Database -> ServerNodeConfiguration
  • QSR Database -> LocalConfig (For older version of Qlik Sense)

Can you check these three places and make sure the hostname is the same. (case included)

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
trigotrt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for your reply 😃

1) C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\host.cfg (Encrypted base64):

2) QSR Database -> ServerNodeConfiguration:

3) QSR Database -> LocalConfig (For older version of Qlik Sense)

I checked 1 and 2, they are correct, unffortunatelly they are not causing the problem.

Do you have any more idea?

Bastien_Laugiero

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

If these places are correct I would then suggest to recreate all Qlik Sense certificates on the central node and redistribute to the rim. 

Note: This will require to re-enter the password of your data connection from the QMC post certificate re-creation. 

So idea would be to remove the new and old certificates on the central node (please make sure you back them up first) and then run the bootstrap command documented here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-in-Qlik-Sen...

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.