Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewart3vue
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Question about the license access rules - QS August 2022 build

If there are users that have Professional licenses already allocated to them, and there is an Analyzer access rule established for SSO for remaining user logins, it is not checking to see if there are already licenses established for the existing user and will automatically assign them Analyzer licenses.  Is this a bug or has this been resolved in a more current version of the application? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

4 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Stewart3vue, if you have the proper rule created for your analyzer groups, it should validate if the user has an analyzer license assigned.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA... 

Stewart3vue
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Alan, thank you for the links (was looking at those previously), but how do I use the condition in our Analyzer Access Rule where the same name does not exist in the Professional License Allocation table?  Right now, it is a single condition on the SSO for the user directory field having a particular value (which doesn't limit it really from adding another license allocation if that particular user is already in the Professional license table).  I guess I am looking for the conditional fields to search for a pre-existing user in the different table (without having to identify each one individually).  Like looking for a name where it does not already exist.

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

HI Stewart3vue, it is best to put users in groups and then you can use the ' = ' and ' not = '. I would also suggest reaching out to your account manager to have a discussion with Professional Services for custom rule creation. 

Stewart3vue
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Alan, thank you again.  We just added a custom property for the users and set a flag, and then added to the rule to not allow user accounts where the flag was set.  Have a great day