Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishal_goyal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Restore site - ODBC connections reset

Dear all, 

Looking for your help on an issue i am facing after restoring the Qlik sense to a different host (migration from Windows 20212 host to windows 2019 host). 

I have restored Qlik Sense (Feb 2021) on a different host by using the documentation on help.qlik.com. Its all working fine except the qlik ODBC connections that are giving error ORA-1005: null passwords given. Logon denied". 

Are ODBC connection passwords not carried during a backup/restore process. I have approx 10-12 ODBC connections pointing to different environments so do i need to re-enter passwords for all ODBC connections or is there any easy way to get this sorted out. 

Thanks in advance 

Vishal Goyal 

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello,

The error ORA-1005: null password given. Logon denied is likely being returned from the source and is not a Qlik specific error.  I would start by referring the error to the DBA for assistance/guidance. Do you have the same ODBC configuration and drivers on the new Windows Server host exactly as you had on the on the older Windows 2012 Server host?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
vishal_goyal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response, 

I have migrated all ODBC connections (DSNs) from old windows 2012 to new windows 2019 server. All these ODBC connectivities are working fine when checked from "ODBC Data Source Administrator"  application on new server. 

However when i check the corresponding ODBC connections in Qlik hub, it gives me "null password" error. To mitigate this i have two options 

1) Recreate the Qlik ODBC connection  

2) Edit the existing qlik ODBC connection in hub by adding username/password and save it. This however will attach userid to the qlik odbc connection name that would be required to change from QMC --> Data connections 

Either of these option will be workaround if no. of such connections is low say one or two. However in my case i have 15 such Qlik ODBC connections and carrying out it for all connections is rather painful. 

Any further suggestion is helpful 

Thanks