Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogi_myd_JC
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieve or Create the Backup from Repository DB

Hi, Server OS has been crashed and infra team has been mounted from C:\program files\qlik\sense into another folder (C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6) in another fresh VM. i dont have QSR backup in tar format. Any advise, how to retrieve the same from the folders? fyi, i have manually installed the Postgresql without qliksense and tried to execute the below in cmd, i went to installed path and tried to execute the below , but no luck. pg_ctl.exe start -w -D "C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6" set PGUSER=postgres set PGPASSWORD=xxxxxx pg_dumpall.exe > D:\Backup_Repos_DB pg_ctl.exe stop -w -D "C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6" Now i have installed the Qliksense but nothing to restore or import since dont have backup DB. Regards Yogesh.
1 Reply
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

It's been years since I've done the procedure (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/September2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_D...) but I recall it working fine. What is the response when you run the pg_ctl and pg_dumpall commands?