Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camilorojas
Contributor
Contributor

Same user setting in different AD

Hi Everyone,

Currently, I have a connection to our local active directory and we need to migrate to Azure AD using SSO. We have already set the connection but the users from the Azure AD are treated as new ones. So the result I have right now is the same user account with the same properties but from two different ADs. I would like to know if there is a way or extra step I can do to these users to keep their same profile and license that have from the local AD. It means these users get treated as the same account and the migration will be transparent from them.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @camilorojas 

In order for the users to be recognized as the same, the User Directory and User Id need to match exactly.

Attributes for User Directory and for User Id in the SAML virtual proxy settings must be adjusted so that it matches the previous User Directory / User Id

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @camilorojas 

In order for the users to be recognized as the same, the User Directory and User Id need to match exactly.

Attributes for User Directory and for User Id in the SAML virtual proxy settings must be adjusted so that it matches the previous User Directory / User Id

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.