Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremyrcampb
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Scaling, Optimizing, Automating Compute Instances and Clusters

I'm looking to deploy a couple new QlikSense clusters into Google Cloud to handle various load sizes, from 20-300 concurrent users.  Running QlikSense Enterprise for Windows.  

Here are some of my questions - interested in input from anyone who has experience with any of this:

1. Does QlikSense support automation of cluster creation, management, member server joining, etc?
  2. Have QlikSense or customers/community looked at Windows Container based deployment of nodes?
  3. What is the current capability gap between QlikSense Enterprise on Kubernetes, vs. QlikSense Enterprise on Windows, and what is the roadmap to address those differences?
  4. What methods exist for deployment of configuration to a QlikSense cluster?  I understand there is good API availability for config (nodes, virtual/proxy, more?) – do tools exist to deploy/apply configuration to a cluster based on e.g. a YAML, JSON, or other type of configuration file?
  5. What are licensing options or best practices for having multiple pre-production instances for the purposes of testing infrastructure changes?
  6. Has anyone done GCP machine-type specific benchmarks for sizing purposes, or any other GCP specific infra optimization thoughts?

Thanks...

0 Replies