Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maik_broxterman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Session Authentication broken after upgrade to February release

Hi all,

Recently we have successfully implemented Session authentication through the QPS API. We post our Session ID to /session in QPS and put that same session in a cookie in the .ourdomain.com domain. Qlik server runs behind a DNS on qlik.ourdomain.com. Worked perfectly.

Yesterday I upgraded to version February 2018 by making a snapshot of the running EC2 instance, start a new instance from the snapshot and run the upgrade on the new instance. This upgrade has been done flawlessly and internally everything seems to work. All settings are exactly the same on both old and new installation.

Now when I point qlik.ourdomain.com to the new server, it returns me a login screen on a page load for our analytics page.. If I close the browser to start with a new session, after that log in to the Qlik server, remove the user that I created the session for etc, go back to the browser with a new session and go to the analytics page, and then look into the server again, it has successfully generated a new session in Qlik, and also generated a new session cookie in .ourdomain.com. It looks like nothing went wrong there but still I get the login screen.

Does anybody have an idea what I did wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies