Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mj26
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

UPGRADING QLIK SENSE FROM MAY 2021 TO LATEST

Hi Qlik Sense Fam,

I am seeking assistance with upgrading Qlik Sense. We currently have the May 2021 version and are planning to update to the latest version. We have a few questions before proceeding:

1. Since we have the May 2021 version, do we need to update incrementally through each patch, or can we directly install the latest version?
2. Is an internet connection required for the upgrade? We currently operate offline.
3. What preparations are necessary before performing the upgrade?
4. Are there any potential impacts of upgrading from such an old version (May 2021) to the latest version?
5. Could you provide recommendations or documentation for the upgrade process?

Thank you in advance,

Mylene

Labels (3)
2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, some hints, maybe I forgot something so always make a backup or snapshot of the whole machine before upgrading...

You will need to at least make a step to a version between Feb-22 and Nov-22 to upgrade the postgre database, carefully read this article to know the process: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-and-unbundling-the-Qlik-Sense-Repo...

Offline could need more manual installations like the .net version or some additional software, I have not many experience on offline installations and they were on versions with last than a year of difference.

You'll need service user and password, also the password of the superuser of postgre.

Sebastian_Linser

In addition to that what @rubenmarin said, you could also install May 2023 to upgrade PostgreSQL. Two years at the time is the maximum i would jump in versions, better is one year at a time. So in your case:

- May 2022

- May 2023

- convert Postgres with QPI

- May 2024

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂