Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tevkar1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrading Qlik Sense by another login account

Hi,

Following requirement is mentioned in the guide for upgrade planning:

Considerations about multi-node deployments

A single note site is simpler to upgrade than a multi-node site. If you have more than one node in a site, you must upgrade each node separately.

• Each node in a multi-node site must run the same version of Qlik Sense.

• You should upgrade the central node first.

• All nodes should be offline when you upgrade.

• Use the same login account for the upgrade as you did with the original installation. If you use a different login account, the node will not find the certificates on the node.

I'd appreciate highly if you elaborate this requirement. Do we really use the same login to perform a multi-node upgrade at all nodes ? IMHO,  this is a quite bold requirement. Any workarounds/recipes to perform an upgrade by another user ?

Kind regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@tevkar1 The requirement is to bind all components (with node redistribute, certificate thump etc. from your site). It means, you can use the account that is used in services log on from your Qlik services.

It does not mean that you have to wait one by one with multi-node upgrade. You can do

1. Central node (This must be standalone to make sure your environment is stable)

2. You can do all other consumer nodes that you have in your load balance.

2.1) If you have failover node, I would strongly advice to do that first before goes to consumer nodes.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@tevkar1 The requirement is to bind all components (with node redistribute, certificate thump etc. from your site). It means, you can use the account that is used in services log on from your Qlik services.

It does not mean that you have to wait one by one with multi-node upgrade. You can do

1. Central node (This must be standalone to make sure your environment is stable)

2. You can do all other consumer nodes that you have in your load balance.

2.1) If you have failover node, I would strongly advice to do that first before goes to consumer nodes.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tevkar1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok Anil, thanks. I assume that the requirement is about to use the same service account. It is not clearly described imho.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@tevkar1 like i said, if you use across the service account for all nodes, Then Yes that is recommended.