Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

User Directory Connectors - Advanced LDAP

Hello everybody,

Thanks to the Qlik team with June 2020 version, there exists an Advanced LDAP connector. By this connector, I can pull custom attributes I needed from Active Directory. However, our AD server admin limits LDAP queries by 100 objects per search. There is a "Page Size" parameter on the connector, but I could not get any data from AD even when I set page size to 0 or 50 or 100 or 100000.

According to the help site, I assume "Page Size" is for paging for search results to overcome the AD search limit.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/June2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deploy...

Am I missing something or is there another way to page search data on Advanced LDAP?

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi @SerhanKaraer , just my 2 cents on this.

if your limitations on AD side is max 100 posts per search, setting the page size to anything < 100 should work.

The purpose of the page size is to run multiple subsequent query starting the search where the last has stopped.

It looks like that, for some reason, AD Domain Controllers handle those search as if they were a single not-paged search.

I suggest to double-check with your AD team.

Best,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @SerhanKaraer ,

I found your question, but I'm sorry I can't answer it.

Because I have a more basic problem and I saw your post. I don't get the advanced LDAP to work. Could you post or send me a screenshot of your configuration?

Kind regards

Peter

giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi @SerhanKaraer , just my 2 cents on this.

if your limitations on AD side is max 100 posts per search, setting the page size to anything < 100 should work.

The purpose of the page size is to run multiple subsequent query starting the search where the last has stopped.

It looks like that, for some reason, AD Domain Controllers handle those search as if they were a single not-paged search.

I suggest to double-check with your AD team.

Best,