Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selma147
Contributor II
Contributor II

Why does the RIM Node get disconnected after starting reload tasks?

Hi everyone,

We have a multi-node environment. using Qlik Sense June 2018.

Rim nodes get disconnected randomly.

We discovered that this happens when the tasks are triggered.

I checked in logs and find this error:

Line 1245: 4768 20181205T072719.785+0100 ERROR nsXXXXXXX System.Scheduler.Scheduler.Communication.Wrapper.Repository.RepositoryClient 239 46d81560-6268-4985-900f-fbc612efeb97 QLIKSENSE\QlikSense Unexpected exception in Put for Entity ExecutionSession with Id 1b70b2bb-2ea3-4915-baf2-cdeb72633c91 The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)↵↓ at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)↵↓ at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.REST.Client.WebClientEx.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)↵↓ at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)↵↓--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---↵↓ at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)↵↓ at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)↵↓ at Scheduler.Communication.Wrapper

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Selma

Labels (2)
5 Replies
jneppl
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Selma,

i had a problem like this in a multi-node environment when the virtual machines in the multi-node environment have been on different physical hosts and the host with the rim node has been under full load. The rim node didn`t respond in time or disconnected while communicating. Maybe you have such a configuration. Another possible aspect could be network traffic. As far as i know one Gigabit network is suggested.

Regards,

Johannes

selma147
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Johannes,
Thank you for your reply.
The Rim nodes are not VM. And actually not only the Scheduler is disconnected even the Proxy node get disconnected.
The infrastructure team checked already the physical layers but found nothing suspicious.
Could you please elaborate more on Network traffic? How did you resolved this issue?
Thank you so much
Regards,
Selma
jneppl

Hi Selma,

okay, it was kind a disconnect but i always got the message that a rim node could not be contacted in qmc nodes section. This happened mostly randomly during the execution of reload tasks for example on the scheduler node. First i didn`t know where it came from but then i asked the admin team to check network bandwidth between Master (central node) and slave (scheduler node). They told me that it only meets the minimum requirements for communication in Qlik Sense multi node environments and under some circumstances like full load on the scheduler node it drops under the minimum. I resolved it by moving the node to another host.

Regards,

Johannes

selma147
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Johannes for your quick reply.
Me also I see the message of disconnection under nodes in the QMC.
So if I understand the problem was the network bandwidth that doesn't meet the system requirements needed under the multi-node environment ?
Thanks a lot
Kind regards,
Selma.

jneppl

Hi Selma,

yes we had only the minium requirements so this was a bit shaky anyways and they couldn`t expand it so we moved the VM to another phsyical host which had a better connection.

Regards,

Johannes