Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weiqiang_wang
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

concerns about some of the port numbers

My client has some concerns about some of the port numbers, and whether there is any chance that these port numbers could be a target or conduit for an attack

My client is using 2 VMs for hosting Qlik Sense, one central node, one rim node.

the port numbers are briefed in below document, especially port number 4444

concerns about some of the port numbers

Anyone can help to answer this question?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @weiqiang_wang Port 4444 is required in multi-node environments, these ports must be open to allow for service health, and some specific operations. In the same article / documentation, please refer to section "Ports used between nodes and Qlik Sense services" for more information in purpose of the ports.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @weiqiang_wang Port 4444 is required in multi-node environments, these ports must be open to allow for service health, and some specific operations. In the same article / documentation, please refer to section "Ports used between nodes and Qlik Sense services" for more information in purpose of the ports.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

weiqiang_wang
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I would like to continue to ask additional questions based on this.
My client is a government department and they have very high requirements for cyber security. They want to know if there is any suspicion of malicious ports among all the network ports used by Qlik Sense, such as 4444, some backdoor and Trojan horse software opens and uses TCP port 4444 to listen in, communicate, forward malicious traffic from the outside, and send malicious payloads. Some malicious software that has used this port includes Prosiak, Swift Remote, and CrackDown.

Are you able to confirm that the port numbers listed in this document(Ports | Qlik Sense for administrators Help) are not malicious ports.

if my customer does not agree to use some suspected ports, is it possible to change these port numbers through some configuration?

Thanks!