Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II

Getting the source code for a TAC job

When I publish a Standalone Job snapshot to the Artifact Repository, and schedule it on the TAC, how do I get the generated Java source code? A job is failing, giving a Null Pointer Exception at a particular line number, but I need to get at the actual .java file in order to see what that line number is doing so I can figure out what variable or expression is null.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PhilHibbs ,

The content of folder and zip file shown here is from your jobs folder on your Studio machine. When you publish your jobs and select to export the jave source as shown, it creates a zip on your Studio machine in the job folder (configured in the settings of your Studio), and in there in the zip file, you have the folder with the name of the job (tjava in the screenshot example) and in there the src folder which stands for source.

If you cannot access the machine with the Studio that exported this job, then you can find it in the Job server on Unix , in the 'archiveJobs' directory of the jobserver directory.

On my jobserver setup, I have this for example:

/opt/talend/jobserver/TalendJobServersFiles/archiveJobs/ and in there a bunch of zip files for archived jobs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
yyang
Contributor III
Contributor III

Maybe that depends on if you export the source code in the job file.0683p000009M5jo.png

PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes I spotted that, I have republished the job with sources. I still have no idea where to look to find the sources though!

yyang
Contributor III
Contributor III

0683p000009M5nw.png

src folder here

PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Where would that be on a Unix installation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PhilHibbs ,

The content of folder and zip file shown here is from your jobs folder on your Studio machine. When you publish your jobs and select to export the jave source as shown, it creates a zip on your Studio machine in the job folder (configured in the settings of your Studio), and in there in the zip file, you have the folder with the name of the job (tjava in the screenshot example) and in there the src folder which stands for source.

If you cannot access the machine with the Studio that exported this job, then you can find it in the Job server on Unix , in the 'archiveJobs' directory of the jobserver directory.

On my jobserver setup, I have this for example:

/opt/talend/jobserver/TalendJobServersFiles/archiveJobs/ and in there a bunch of zip files for archived jobs.

PhilHibbs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Found it - the path was actually /opt/talend/jobserver/agent/TalendJobServersFiles/archiveJobs/

Thanks very much!