Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to integrate Git and svn in talend open studio

Hi All,

How to integrate Git and svn in talend open studio.

Regards

Shree

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @mbocquet

Are you starting a project from zero?
Then
1. you add git plugin on your talend open studio
2. you create a project on your talend studio
3. you define the project as "shared project"
4. you restart talend open stutio

gitignore is simply to tell git to ignore some files. The one that tos is updating each you open the studio (even without modifying any process)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi

you can not integrate git or svn with Open Studio, this is what make Studio "not Open" (subscription)

but you can add project folder from workspace in to git/svn

this is not a integration, you will need commit/push/pull manually outside from Studio

plus studio will not show you - what changed and what collisions between commits

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Shree

You can add git or svn into TOS community version.
I did it, and its working perfectly on my side.
https://github.com/dgm01/TOS_GIT

I hope this will help many who have the same need

Regards
Maurice
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you @dgm01 @vapukov  ,

Let me try with @dgm01 option provided.

Regards

Shree

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@dgm01 I looked at your repo link and am only seeing the readme file.  I've been able to commit that far as well, though as soon as I add any of the project folders or Talend-centric folders I'm immediately running into GIT commit failures (git server hangups) that seem to be elusive, and only occurring on Talend folders.  Were you able to 'simply' go into your Talend workspace folder, add (everything), commit and push, without anything extra (or a specially crafted .gitignore)?  I've tried github as well as bitbucket, and symptoms are the same on both and I'm currently drawing blanks on what could be causing the failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @mbocquet

Are you starting a project from zero?
Then
1. you add git plugin on your talend open studio
2. you create a project on your talend studio
3. you define the project as "shared project"
4. you restart talend open stutio

gitignore is simply to tell git to ignore some files. The one that tos is updating each you open the studio (even without modifying any process)
olni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i try to setup git in Talend. I installed the plugin, but have problems to synchronize my project wit my (local) git.

Can you please tell me what yoe mean with "3. you define the project as "shared project" ?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

as @dgm01 explains in http://easy-bi.org/blog/talend-installation-plugin-git-studio/ this is an option that can be selected by double clicking the project -> Team -> Share Project