Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Management Console reporting file not found for resource file

Hi.

I have a job which I have published to the cloud, along with the resources used by the job. In Talend Studio this job runs perfectly fine without any issues, producing the desired results. However, when run via our remote engine in the cloud through the Management Console, the job is not working.

The attached screenshots show each resource file I have uploaded to the cloud. It also has a screenshot showing how I have the files setup as resources in Talend Studio, and as context variables in my job.

0683p000009M6ZW.png

The console error is:

tFileInputRaw_1 File '5d483b929ffa5b43f1306c44' does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '5d483b929ffa5b43f1306c44' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:299)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1711)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1734)
at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_ips_functions_0_1.AO_IPS_Functions.tFileInputRaw_1Process(AO_IPS_Functions.java:1287)
at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_ips_functions_0_1.AO_IPS_Functions.tDBConnection_1Process(AO_IPS_Functions.java:985)
at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_ips_functions_0_1.AO_IPS_Functions.tPrejob_1Process(AO_IPS_Functions.java:682)
at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_ips_functions_0_1.AO_IPS_Functions.runJobInTOS(AO_IPS_Functions.java:4693)
at ukdm_talendtestproj.ao_ips_functions_0_1.AO_IPS_Functions.main(AO_IPS_Functions.java:4461)
0683p000009M6S2.png

The job is reporting a file not found error with the tFileInputRaw_1 component. This component is looking for the context variable resource_IPSVendor. The file used for the context variable is the SQL file "IPS_Vendor.sql" which as you can see from my screenshots, I have uploaded to the console as a resource and associated with the IPSVendor Resource Parameter in the job. How can it report a file not found error when I am pointing it to a resource file I have just uploaded? Thanks

Steve

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The issue wasn't the local host part. The context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in Talend Management Console (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

Let us know if this article helps.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-Cloud-Contextualization/ta-p/139077

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

The issue wasn't the local host part. The context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in Talend Management Console (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

Let us know if this article helps.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-Cloud-Contextualization/ta-p/139077

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

This was very helpful thank you.

Turns out, in the design of the job in Talend Studio, I called my resource context "resource_name" when it should have been "resource_file_name"

It was as simple as that in the end and the job now runs fine.

What is worrying is Talend support didn't pick up on this in the case i raised with them.  They have all the screenshots and info I provided above.

If I get any further issues with this (if it wasn't a fluke it worked etc 0683p000009MACn.png ) I will post back here.

I need to test the full plan this task is part of to make sure it runs end to end.

Thanks again.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Feel free to post your issue here and we will appreciate it a lot if you could give us your relevant support case id.

Best regards

Sabrina