Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing context variable from unix shell to Parent Job and then passing it to child job

I have a requirement. I am trying to pass a context variable defined in Talend(name=nomeFile, value=context.nome_file) from unix to myParent Job and then I want to pass it between my jobs. In this case the variable must be read from mainALF and passed to subLoad_Alf. I developed both ParentJob and ChildJob and after that I build myParentJob. At this point from unix terminal I wrote the following command:

./myParentJob.sh --context_param nomeFile="myDirectory/FileName.txt" and I does not work. I got "No such file or directory".

On the contrary, If I build myChildJob(subLoad_Alf) and I run the same command: ./myChildJob.sh --context_param nomeFile="myDirectory/FileName.txt" it works.

I think I am not able to read the context variable (nomeFile) in the ParentJob and send its value ("myDirectory/FileName.txt") to myChildJob. 

Does anyone can help me to figure out how to achieve this requirement? Thank you in advance

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Your command seems to be right.

Did you try to execute the master job in your studio, moving the filepath context ? Does it works ?

Regards,

Aurélien.