Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshsteve
Creator
Creator

Unknown server host name

Hi. I have strange issue where a connection is not working in the Talend Management Console, stating "Unknown server host name". See screenshot

0693p00000AF23OAAT.png

The remote engine executing this is running on a server on our local network, and the job works perfectly ok when run from Talend Studio and using this Remote Engine as the Target Exec. But when run from the TMC, I get the error.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From the error message above, there is some DB connection issue in TMC. Are you using context value in tDBConnection component properties?

Note:The context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

Best regards

Sabrina

welshsteve
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Xiaodi Shi​ 

Yes, this is working perfectly fine for another server.

The tDBConnection component in the job uses a context variable with the "connection" prefix e.g. connection_mssql_ao. This context is setup as a connection in the TMC, and works fine if I specify a different server. All the variable names are the same. The only difference is the value for the database server