Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloML
Contributor
Contributor

After upgrade to Talend from Restlet it does not start

Hi all, 

I used until just a few days ago the Restlet Client API tester, but since 14th October, that it has become Talend API Tester it just does not start and the only thing I got is an "Unexpected Error: Tips"

Any suggestions? How can I contact support?

0683p000009M7p1.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cquilici
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @talendsucks,

I'm Cyprien from the dev team. 

We've identified where this bug comes from and have a workaround until we can ship a version that fixes the issue (hopefully today).

To use API Tester again, you can follow the procedure below:

* open API Tester

* when the error notification shows, open the dev tools (see screenshot below)

* in the JS console (see screenshot below), type:  chrome.storage.local.remove('layout')

* press enter 

* reload the tab

0683p000009M7pz.png0683p000009M7DA.png

Your problem should go away. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be because you need to remove your old version and update to the newer version. If you have data you want to keep, DO NOT remove the old version.

If you go here (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/talend-api-tester-free-ed/aejoelaoggembcahagimdiliamlcdmfm) you should be able to update to the new version. I have done this and it has worked for me. 

If you get any errors on upgrading, can you please share your browser console. Error logs might help us identify any issues.

PabloML
Contributor
Contributor
Author

will all the projects I have be deleted?

@rhall wrote:

This may be because you need to remove your old version and update to the newer version. If you go here (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/talend-api-tester-free-ed/aejoelaoggembcahagimdiliamlcdmfm) you should be able to update to the new version. I have done this and it has worked for me. Let me know if you have any issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they'll be gone.  And the json backup file you downloaded cannot be imported into the new Talend API Client (It's a completely different format..) 0683p000009MPcz.png

I've used this helpful article - https://medium.com/@AntonioKowatsch/how-to-use-older-versions-of-chrome-extensions-d8bd40bd1e4a  to get the Restlet client release from a few days ago into my Chrome, and loaded in the json backup file to get back my 6 years of DHC/Restlet API history which I have saved (I have a few hundred API calls for all our internal and external systems..)

At least now I can continue working while I wait to see if I get a reply from support into their live chat.  If I can continue using the client that would be great, otherwise I'll have to finally look at alternative systems (Maybe something finally actually application-style that runs on my PC..).  I'd liked Restlet because I could store all my data in my restlet cloud account, but I notice it's completely gone now as well.. Thankfully I hadn't moved much data into it, and 99% of it was stored locally in my Chrome.  Would have been VERY nice to have had some notice, like when Restlet bought DHC..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PabloML and @damiengardner,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences here. I have raised this issue internally and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer

Regards

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PabloML and @damiengardner,

I have spoken to our support team and have found the following. Unfortunately I hadn't considered that you might have data to keep @PabloML. You should not uninstall if this is the case. I have updated my comment above, but I sincerely apologise if you have done this.

Concerning the "Unexpected error" on upgrade, can you please share your browser console? Error logs might help us to find out what has happened.

Also a backup should have been created during the update (automatically downloaded in the default directory) named "talend_api-tester_backup_2.100.0_upgrade.json". Users can import it in API Tester to retrieve their data.

Users can also export their data from Restlet Client, install API Tester on an other Chrome profile and import it into API Tester.
PabloML
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello rhall. 

First of all thanks for your support. I did upgrade because I needed to use it, but luckly the key was the json file from the autobackup. I found it and recover everythig!!

Thanks again everything is recovered now!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great @PabloML. I was a little worried that I had inadvertently caused you to lose your work. I have amended my comment now so that others will not make that mistake

Regards

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PabloML wrote:

First of all thanks for your support. I did upgrade because I needed to use it, but luckly the key was the json file from the autobackup. I found it and recover everythig!!

This is the bit that is killing me right now.  How did you restore the autobackup, Pablo?? When I go to import, select API Tester Repository, and then select the telend_api-tester_backup_2.100.0_upgrade.json file, it gives nothing to import..   If there is a way to import that backup, it would fix my issue 0683p000009MACn.png

I'm currently working on a PHP script to convert from the version 3 file that was exported, and the version 5 file that is generated if I create some things in Talend and then export, to see if I can get my data back in that way..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rhall  Here is the log. I cannot get it running after upgrading to Talend. Please revert the version in chrome store.

0683p000009M7pk.png

There is something wrong about tips. I saw many people having the same problem too.