Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatically Convert .XLSM or .XLSB to .XLSX files for Input

I have several .XLSM and .XLSB files on a server that I need to:

1.  Download to a directory on another server.

2.  Read the XLSM and .XLSB files and populate a greenplum table.

First, I see that Talend does not have a component for .XLSM and .XLSB files.

1. Is there a way to automatically read the XLSM and .XLSB files saving as .XLSX files so Talend can then read the files?

2. If that is no possible, can these XLSM and .XLSB files be converted by some other means to another file extension that Talend can use?

Appreciate any suggestions as it is not possible to have these files generated with another extension.  I would only need to copy, rename or save as to accomplish this task.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It seem this is not possible with standard tFileExcel* components in talend. Are you able to use tfileinputexcel component to read your .xlsm file with 'read excel2007 file format(xlsx) option' checked?

There exist some custom components on talend exchange portal. Such as, tFileExcelWorkbookOpen and tFileExcelWorkbookSave.

https://exchange.talend.com/?_ga=2.242601345.2064759090.1542593912-1718331454.1508119343#marketplace...

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've never tried to read a XLSM or XLSB file in Talend. However, the only difference between these files and XLSX is that they contain macros. The worksheet data is in the same format and location, so my guess would be that you could just read them with tFileInputExcel.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

the components tFileExcelWorkbookOpen and tFileExcelWorkbookSave are unable to read xlsb files (excel with binary format). I'm using talend 6.3 version.

Can you please help me on this 

Thanks,

Yashwanth

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have the same problem, and I found nothing in Talend to solve this. (Using 7.1 version)

TfileInputExcel, tFileExcelWorkbook* don't support XLSB.

So I think about convert the file in a tJava or in a Windows Command.

Did you found a solution in your way ?

Thanks,

Julien