Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor

Azure SQL Server - Connection Issues

Hi all,

I have been facing some issues trying to connect to Azure SQL databases.

1. Connection Object Closed Error:

This is a frequently occurring issue. I am receiving an error message that the connection object is closed if the connection has remained idle for more than 30 minutes. To test this I created a job where I establish a connection in the Pre-Job. I have a MSSQLInput component executing a query and then Sleep for 30 minutes and then execute the same query. The job fails every time.

I have tried adding several option to the additional parameters including Connection Timeout, Connection Lifetime, Login Timeout, none of which seem to be working. 

I was able to get this to work by changing the JDBC Provider to Microsoft (Latest 8.2.2). Not sure it works with the older ones. I have not had the chance to test them.

Is there any other option I can use to make it work with the JTDS driver itself ? 

2. Unable to Connect using Windows Authentication:

All the above options have been tried with the sql authentication method only. I have not been able to make the connection to the Azure SQL Server using Windows Authentication and by providing the username and password. I have used the options from the Connection String in the Azure Portal itself but to no avail. (authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword) Kindly let me know if it is possible to make the connection using Talend to Azure SQL Databases using Windows Authentication and by providing credentials.

Kindly let me know for any further information.

Labels (6)
3 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

For point #1, Microsoft driver is a good option as it offers better performances than JTDS (from my experience).
rbk_tal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I do agree completely, better throughput thant he JTDS Driver...Thank you..

Regarding point #2, any suggestions ?

HenryCrabtree
Contributor
Contributor

I was facing the same issue and I can't find its solution, but when I tried it on my friend's laptop it works. Then I thought it might be my laptop error because I was using i3 2nd generation so it might be not supporting the version. Then I purchased i7 5th generation Asus laptop from Reecoupons Shopping Coupons. Now Azure SQL Server is working properly.