Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohini2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

CDC capability in Talend Big Data Platform?

I heard that CDC has been deprecated since the 8.0.1-R2023-08 release. Can we use CDC in Talend Big Data Platform in any other way?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Which Talend Big Data Platform build version are you using?

As talend provides CDC support for all the traditional relational databases and uses a subscriber/publish architecture wherein publisher captures the change data and makes it available to the subscribers, are you able to use CDC components(tMySQLCDC ) under Metadata DB connection when creating a connection to your database dedicated to CDC and using database CDC views?

Use_Case_tMysqlCDC.png

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Is your CDC foundation working as expected in the metadata section regardless the "(deprecated)" message?

In consideration of customer requests, the Deprecated status of CDC in Talend Studio 8.0 has been retracted. Qlik Talend hereby confirms the CDC feature remains in Talend Studio 8.0, and will continue to be supported under Talend Generally Available software terms.

https://help.talend.com/en-US/components/8.0/change-data-capture/change-data-capture

Best regards

Sabrina

Rohini2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for replying. Currently, I don't have an existing CDC setup, but I want to implement CDC in the Talend Big Data Platform. However, I don't see CDC under the metadata section in the studio. Is there an alternative method to perform CDC?

Best Regards,

Rohini

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Which Talend Big Data Platform build version are you using?

As talend provides CDC support for all the traditional relational databases and uses a subscriber/publish architecture wherein publisher captures the change data and makes it available to the subscribers, are you able to use CDC components(tMySQLCDC ) under Metadata DB connection when creating a connection to your database dedicated to CDC and using database CDC views?

Use_Case_tMysqlCDC.png

Best regards

Sabrina

Rohini2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Now I understood. Thank you for your assistance, Sabrina.

Regards,

Rohini

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Don't hesitate to post your issue here and feel free to let me know if there is any further help I can give.

Best regards

Sabrina