Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

CDC on AS/400: Tables are not created

I am following theses steps here: https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13809706
My problem is that none of the CDC tables are actually created in the database.
For example:
When I click "Create subscriber" dialog box (step 3.2), a progress window ("Operation in progress...") appears for like 10-20 seconds, but the TSUBSCRIBER table is not created in the DB - and yes, even if I hit refresh multiple times. After I click "Finish" in the dialog box (step 3.4), the Studio displays the database is if the CDC Foundation was successfully established when actually it was not.
A similar behavior happens when I try to add CDC to a particular source table (step 4). After I manually added the TSUBSCRIBERS table to my CDC database (it is easy to port that SQL from the trigger-based approach) in order to heal the above-mentioned problem, I tried to put a table under CDC (step 4). After hitting "Execute" in the (step 4.3), I get a success message ("Execute SQL Statement successfully.") and the new subscriber is inserted into the TSUBSCRIBERS table (APP1 or whatever I named it). However, the change table(s) named TCDC_<mySourceTableName> as seen in step 4.3 are not created in the database. In Talend studio, under CDC Foundation, I only see a new table with the name of my source table.
Finally, when I click "View all changes", I see the "Operation in progress..." dialog box for another 10-20s until I get the error message "Retrieving the cdc table is failure" - which actually is a nice summary for not getting CDC on AS/400 to work.
-----
Specs:
DB2 UDB for AS/400 V6R1
Talend Platform for Data Management 5.4.1.r111943
JTOpen 6.7 (renamed the jt400.jar to jt400_V5R3.jar to add the module to Talend)
0683p000009MDGw.png
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you please report a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can schedule a webex for you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After contacting Talend Professional Support as suggested, a bug ticket was opened for this: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28959
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Thanks for pasting jira link on forum. It's helpful for community users to track it.
Best regards
Sabrina