Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Job generation from Talend Administration Console = SLOW

Hi,
I did several Talend projects, running on both Linux and Windows systems and everytime I notice that job generation from the Talend Administration Console takes way more time and cpu power then building or exporting the job from the Studio. This is not 2x, but more like 500x times slower.
Anyone also experienced this behaviour? and how to solve?
Thanks!
Labels (2)
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Which version are you using? Have you done a testing for the performance if you open Commandline and export directly the job script from Commandline?
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,

I have been also facing same issue while running the job through TAC the generation is taking too much memory and too much CPU usage and still it is taking more than 72 hours also.

More Information:
1. TAC installed & Running in my Local Machine
2. commandLine ,SVN Server and Job Remote Server also running in same machine
3. Talend Integration GUI/Studio also opened in same machine.
4. I tested the performance without starting Talend GUI but all the remaining services mentioned above as well as with Talend GUI also started.
But in both the cases I am not able to generate the job for about 72 hours and still it is generating mode only.
I observed one more thing , when i am trying to run job which has designed with less number of components(small jobs) are generating very much fast.
and if the job is complex(more number of sub jobs are there calling more jobs in same project) am not able to generate job in TAC, where as when am trying to run the job through Talend Studio i can able to run any kind of job (either complex or simple).

Temporary solution:
the temporary solution which i am using now is that am exporting the complex job into my local machine and then designing one more job call the batch file of the exported complex job , Then calling that batch file using TAC which is generating the job very fast and running fine.

But I cant able to monitor my each and every jobs (sub jobs designed in complex job) job flow until it gets failed any where. even that time also i have to go to Log file and search for error in which job it failed.

So this is what my problem.
Please suggest me any permanent solution for this.
The Talend Version am using Talend Professional Edition 4.1.2 in windows7Machine.

Thanks In Advance,
Srinivas. L
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
The Talend Version am using is Talend Professional Edition 4.1.2
Thanks ,
Srinivas. L
Rizo-Patron
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, We are having the issue using Talend Enterprise Data Integration 5.4.1 on CentOS were you able to find a workaround? Thanks in advance for your time?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I am running the talend esb job from the windows service in the windows 2008 sever where other jobs are also being run at a time. When running the same job for each file it takes not more than 4 second to process using talend studio but from windows service at a minute only 17 files get processed. And it does not end up here, the speed gradually decreases and reach one file per minute and I have not used database either to log.
I see in the memory in the task manager and my wrapper occupies only about 1.4 MB so this could not be the memory problem either.
Can anyone help me out??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi dhirajdhakal,
What's the talend product build version are you using? Is there any error info for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Sabrina,
I am using TOS 5.3.1 version. No there is no info regarding this, only what happens is the speed gradually falls down and each component takes very long time to process , sometimes even 4-5 seconds.
From few days some wierd thing is happening. The processing slows down upto 23:59 processing upto only one file per minute and when the clock makes 00:00 the speed increases rapidly and reaches up to 15-16 files per minute. And again the speed gradually falls down and reaches upto 4 files/minute after 2:00.
I don't know what is the problem, is it due to the server or in the talend itself.
Thanks!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi dhirajdhakal,
Would you mind sharing your job design screenshots with us so that we can see if there is any optimistic solution for your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am also facing the same issue while generating it is taking more time. Please give any suggestion.