Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Talend write to an Azure SQL Server Database

I'm running 6.1... I'm able to create and successfully confirm as connection with an Azure SQL Server, but I'm not able to write to it. Is Azure SQL Server not supported yet. I cannot find much information on this site with the word "Azure" in it.
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@talendtester I'm not writing to a Microsoft Azure Storage container but an Azure SQL Server database. I haven't found any documentation that shows how to do that. My approach has been as follows
1) In the"Tree" I clicked on Metadata and then right clicked on Db Connections and clicked on create connections.
2) In entered in all the appropriate information and then Clicked "Check" THIS WAS Successful. 
3) So assuming the connection is good, I put a tMSSqlOutput in my workflow and tried to run it. Nothing is ever written to the database and I get the following errors. I'm fairly weak with Java so I'm not sure what the following means.
I/O Error: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.checkOpen(TdsCore.java:481)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.clearResponseQueue(TdsCore.java:767)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.reset(JtdsStatement.java:722)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.close(JtdsStatement.java:966)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.close(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:707)
at beginnersguide.uscensusshipments_0_1.USCensusShipments.tFileInputExcel_2Process(USCensusShipments.java:3573)
at beginnersguide.uscensusshipments_0_1.USCensusShipments.tFileFetch_2Process(USCensusShipments.java:523)
at beginnersguide.uscensusshipments_0_1.USCensusShipments.runJobInTOS(USCensusShipments.java:3923)
at beginnersguide.uscensusshipments_0_1.USCensusShipments.main(USCensusShipments.java:3780)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same for me.
On Windows 10 and TOS DI 6.1.1
Connection to Azure SQL works in design-time but failing during runtime:
I/O Error: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.checkOpen(TdsCore.java:481)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.clearResponseQueue(TdsCore.java:767)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.reset(JtdsStatement.java:722)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeBatch(JtdsStatement.java:1030)
at adwh.gen_0_1.gen.tRowGenerator_1Process(gen.java:837)
at adwh.gen_0_1.gen.runJobInTOS(gen.java:1221)
at adwh.gen_0_1.gen.main(gen.java:1078)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey guys, 
I stucked with exactly same problem.
Has anybody solved it?