Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III

Component Doesn't Show Up in Palette

I am unable to make components show up in the palette. I have four, all of which I have used successfully on previous projects. 

tFileOutputPDF

tLOBDownload

tSQLScriptParser and

tUnpivotRow

Following this post

https://help.talend.com/reader/Jkvp187bw8jcmAsfn~skJQ/MUwk3e4kaqATWxjH~quy9A

I have unzipped them and saved them all in a folder inside the main Talend install folder. I've then gone into the settings and changed the component folder to be the same as the folder I've saved all the components in. They don't appear,

I have tried reopening Talend, redownloading each of the components in case they are corrupted, checking the xml is well-formed, setting the folder to different locations and combed through the instructions looking for some step I have not done right but I can't see anything I've missed.

Talend 7.1.1 (TOS)

jre1.8.0_181

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah! 

OK, I have figured it it now. It seems there was a problem with my temp folder (under settings>Talend). I assume this is used somehow in the process of installing the components, or else it doesn't load new configuration until all the problems are resolved.... Anyway, I fixed that and tried again and they appear now.

Thanks again @xdshi and @nthampi for helping although it seems the problem was elsewhere!

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There are some changes in installation of custom components from version 7.1.

Could you please refer the below link which is specific to version 7.1

https://help.talend.com/reader/ZPQP8werSqVqJEBzSFsDkQ/IezVqj82QqzNfApv7VXS5g

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks but I'm a bit confused by the link. It's essentially the old instructions I was following, all marked up as deprecated. there's a link at the top which supposedly goes to the new version but when I click it it takes me to instructions for _creating_ a component, not for installing an existing one

Am I missing something?

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've also tried clicking the "Exchange" icon. The four components show up on the "Downloaded components" tab but when I click "install" the bar only goes about half way across and then disappears. I've checked permissions on the folder and run the program as admin to see if some permissions issue was getting in the way but still no luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xdshi,

Could you please advise what is the process to fetch the existing custom components as per new Talend Component Kit framework? It seems old components are not accessible with 7.1 version of Talend.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Component-Development/How-long-Talend-will-support-the-JET-based-com....

Hope it makes sense.

Best regards

Sabrina

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks - and thanks @xdshi,

The link seems to imply that these components should be OK, but I tried installing an old version (6.5.1) to see if I had more luck with that and I'm afraid it's still not working, despite trying both methods of installing the components they don't show up in the palette... 0683p000009MPcz.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I made a testing about this issue and it shows up in Palette from my side in talend open studio V 7.0.1.

Please have a look at my screenshot.

0683p000009M1ER.png

Best regards

Sabrina

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah! 

OK, I have figured it it now. It seems there was a problem with my temp folder (under settings>Talend). I assume this is used somehow in the process of installing the components, or else it doesn't load new configuration until all the problems are resolved.... Anyway, I fixed that and tried again and they appear now.

Thanks again @xdshi and @nthampi for helping although it seems the problem was elsewhere!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your resolution process and keeping me informed, it’s very informative for me.

Best regards

Sabrina